RMHA Trail Mileage Program Rules and Enrollment Form
To participate in this program you will need the following forms from the Forms and Applications page of our website:
RMHA TRAIL MILEAGE PROGRAM ENROLLMENT FORM
RIDERS CARD APPLICATION
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
- This program is available to all RMHA members and youth. You MUST be a current member to participate in this program. If you are currently not a member, please complete the Application for Memberhsip and submit it with the other necessary forms.
- Horses must be registered and certified to participate in this program. All participants must have a Rider's Card ($10 fee).
- Yearly enrollment form must be submitted with the $20.00 participation fee. No mileage awards will be awarded without this form and fee. Program fees are to cover the costs of the program only.
- This program is based on miles spent trail riding. Participation is easy to track using the Trail Mileage forms on the website. Whether you ride slow, medium or fast, all are welcome to participate.
- This program is based on the honor system. Anyone knowingly falsifying information will be automatically disqualified with no refund of the program fee. You will be denied future enrollment in this program. If your RMHA membership is revoked, you will also be disqualified from this program.
- Miles are accumulated any time riders ride in a "trail type" situation. This program encourages use of local trails and public lands that allow trail riding. Clarification examples: Mileage can be accumulated along roads and fields, on organized trail rides, local trails and endurance type rides. Competitive distance and endurance riders are eligible, as long as the mileage logged, is on the trails. NOT included are: any type of dressage riding, round pen or arena riding (indoor or outdoor), any kind of clinic, schooling or training, any type of showing. This program is to encourage and reward riders to experience trail riding and use of public land and local parks.
- Miles for most awards are logged for the rider, not the horse. Multiple horses can be used for those awards. The TOBE award goes to any horse and rider team accumulating 5000 total miles together. Participants do not need to own the animal enrolled, as you can note on the Enrollment Form.
- Miles logged begins with the Enrollment Form being sent to the RMHA office. Awards will be mailed after March 1st of each year.(Example:2015 awards will be mailed after March 1st, 2016) When submitting your Trail Mileage Log at the end of the year, make sure that ALL FOUR PAGES accompany your log. The Summary Forms (pages 3 and 4) help expedite ordering your award (if earned) and keeping track of previous years' mileage. Log sheets must be legible.
Return all information to:
71South Main Street
Winchester, KY 40391
Office Phone:(859) 644-5244
Office Fax:(844) 203-2043
email: admin@rmhorse .com
- ALL mileage figured is on a one-horse rider basis (except for TOBE award) and is on the honor system.
- Trail riding/enrollment year runs from January 1 to December 31. ALL TRAIL LOGS AND SUMMARY FORMS MUST BE POSTMARKED OR EMAILED TO THE RMHA OFFICE BY JANUARY 15"' SO THERE IS NO DELAY IN RECEIVING AWARDS.
- A separate mileage log must be maintained for each horse, each year.
- You may submit mileage logs at any time during the year for magazine updates, but mileage awards are only mailed once a year, during the month of March.
Submitting Trail Mileage Logs:
You will receive a welcome letter and a trail mileage log once your enrollment is received. If a rider has been inactive for two years, their record is deactivated and accumulated mileage is forfeited. Logs must be complete for mileage to be accumulated. Incomplete logs will be returned. You MUST include a completed log sheet for mileage to be counted, emails just stating trail miles will not be accepted as documentation of miles.
100 miles-bumper sticker
250 miles-license plate
1,000 miles-pin, cook book, a brief story/photo for magazine
2,500 miles-pin and sweatshirt
5,000 miles-pin, brief story/photo for magazine
7,500 miles- duffle bag with logo
10,000 miles-pin and patch, brief story/photo for magazine
OVER 10,000 miles --patch for each 1,000 miles
Award recipient names are published in each issue of the RMHA magazine. Features are included in the magazine for 1000 mile, 5000 mile, and 10,000 mile recipients. Riders or horses accumulating 1000 miles or more per calendar year are honored at the annual Awards Banquet
5000 total miles accumulated by one horse and rider team – Commemorative plaque, photo and story for magazine, special recognition at the annual Awards Banquet