23 Mar Looking For Superb Versatility Horses and Riders!
The RMHA will be participating in the 2020 Equitana USA event to be held at the Kentucky Horse Park from September 25 through September 27, 2020. We will need volunteers to participate in the breed demonstration to be held each day. This will be a great opportunity for superb versatility horses, along with their riders, to demonstrate what is so unique and great about our Rocky Mountain Horses with the many, many participants that will attend this event. The demonstration will be set to show why the Rocky Mountain Horse is “One Horse for All Occasions”. If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, please see the following information and fill out the application..
This is an exciting opportunity to represent our great American treasure, the Rocky Mountain Horse, to the world! We welcome your help! Listed below are several items for you to consider when deciding if you would be able to participate in the Rocky Mountain Horse Breed Demonstration; please read them carefully. Questions? Contact Julia Tucker / 859-749-2183 / email@example.com
- Accepted volunteers MUST attend the practice session as required by the RMHA 2020 Equitana USA committee
- You will be required to transport your horse to the Kentucky Horse Park for the demonstration each day from September 25 through September 27, 2020, at your expense. Stalls can be rented. RMHA does not provide stalls or tickets for any of the events.
- This is a volunteer assignment; there is no per diem or reimbursement for expenses.
- Your role as a breed demonstration participant is to promote the RMH breed, not individuals, farms or sales. This rule requires strict adherence; anyone found using this venue for personal advertising (i.e., farm, horses, sales) will be relieved of their responsibilities.
- Professional appearance. Appropriate clothing will be required by RMHA for demonstration personnel.
- Selection Criteria. The horse must be inexcellenthealth, exude beautiful conformation and coat health, be exceptionally compliant of large crowds and loud noises, capable of executing an exemplary gait, capable of manipulating obstacles and performing required maneuvers for such obstacles. Each horse will spend some time each day in the stall attached to the RMHA booth. A group of horses that are considered to be the best examples of the Rocky Mountain Horse breed and its versatility will be selected for the breed demonstration. Up to 10 horses will be chosen
- Demonstration. The horses will be asked to exhibit their gaits along the rail, then they will demonstrate their versatility by pole bending, crossing a bridge, going through a cowboy curtain, crossing ground poles and possible other obstacles. Other versatility skills, such as cantering, western 360, side saddle and mounted shooting, will also be incorporated.
- If you are chosen as an official RMHA breed demonstration participant, you will be contacted with the dates and times for the practice sessions.